Home Products Agents/Centres Associates Contact

John's death had a severe negative effect on Destacado E John had needed a new truck but bought the stallion. As a result he had an ongoing tease with Destacado E "Hey, Toyota. You're terrific!" I can still hear John's deep resonating voice echoing in the arena as I'm doing my chores. After John died, I could see Destacado's head in the corner of the stall watching and waiting for John to come. A few months later I shipped both stallions out for boarding while I did some repairs to the barn. I only went to visit them a few times because it was so heart-rending. Caribe is very self-centred, self-reliant and adapts to whatever situation comes his way. However, Destacado was homesick. I could intuitively see that every time I went to see him, he was asking me to take him home.

A year and a half later after the arsonist destroyed my farm, the horses were moved again to a neighbor's farm close by. I had been recuperating in hospital and at a friend's home so I didn't see the mares and stallions for three months. Later when I purchased a car and moved to a motel closer to home, while my new house was being planned, I visited the horses more often. I noticed the mares were very sad out in the pasture (body language) and the stallions were much thinner. On one occasion when I visited, Destacado E was tied to his crib with only a wisp of hay in it. The explanation was that he wouldn't eat. Just before I brought them home seven months after the fire, I noticed Caribe was outside in an open corral with no food and no shelter from the rain and cold in a spring that was unusually severe. Destacado E was in the barn going around in perpetual circles. When I tried to talk to him, he was oblivious of my presence, but kept circling in his stall. I was still too sick to realize how much weight both stallions had lost. When I brought them home I made a mental note and estimated they had both lost about ten inches in depth at the girth. They were walking skeletons. Many months later a kind neighbor who kept his eye on my horses, told me that lady let Destacado E out of his stall about four or five times in the entire seven months he was there.

When the stallions were safely at home in their stalls, I started debating our futures. It had taken me two days to clean the barn: a chore that normally took me an hour or so. Since my right arm was in such a weakened condition, I thought that perhaps I should let the Andalusians go. Destacado must have heard my thoughts because he left his food and came over to give me a hug. We hugged for about five minutes while I cried as I've never cried before. I told my arm to shape up because we all obviously belonged to each other.

I called my vet and had the stallions needled for their yearly shots. I also asked him about proper feed, explaining I needed high protein food for conditioning and weight gain. He noticed the poor condition of the stallions but wisely did not tell me how seriously malnourished they were. I put them on beet pulp etc. etc. right away. A horseman friend came to see how we were doing. Later many months later, he told me he privately had given Destadaco three weeks to live.

I stuffed Destacado with all the food he would eat but noticed to my great sadness that he grabbed a bite of hay and then started pacing around and around in circles in his stall. He had a look of despair and hysteria in his eyes. He had no peace. I would dash home from work and put him out into the arena for change and exercise. When I put him out into the arena, he'd tear around in circles and ask to go back into his stall again. I noticed Caribe was up and down emotionally as well but not to the extent of Destacado. I'd finish my chores and when Destacado started his circling. I'd be so disheartened and discouraged that I'd just leave the barn in a big hurry. It seemed as though nothing I did would make him happy, satisfy him or stop that incessant pacing.

Last fall I designed a corral complex for both stallions. Destacado could now go through an outside door, through a new little barn and out into his own corral to play. Caribe was very happy with his present. I thought Destacado would be happy too, but he wasn't. When I put him outside, he'd tear out and then tear back into his stall. I knew he needed change so I locked him out; partially to give me some relief from listening to his hooves pounding the wood floor in his stall. The locked door disturbed him to the point that he bit at it in order to get back in. I decided to open the door to give him the extra space and comfort of the little barn. He quietened down a bit but if the mares moved to another pasture, he'd become frantic and I'd have to bring him back to his stall so that all the weight I had managed to get on him wouldn't all wear off.

I was beside myself with despair. I could let Caribe out into his corral every morning early, leave and he'd be busy doing horse things on his own. Destacado had to be supervised every minute. I decided I'd send him out for boarding so that I wouldn't see his suffering but then, I thought, if he's sick at home, he'll be sicker somewhere else. I thought of building him a cage and locking him in so that he couldn't pace, but then I realized his spirit had already been broken-Did I want to destroy him completely? Then I thought I'd geld him but I knew gelding would never bring his spirit back. Finally I decided I'd put him down because dealing with Destacado's poor health every day was taxing severely my own poor health and recovery. I had to be home constantly with little chance of being able to enjoy a bit of social life.

Although the depressing thoughts of doing away with Destacado went through my mind, I still kept searching for a hopeful solution or remedy. I had found that if I let him out into his corral at three o'clock until the mares came in at suppertime, he'd enjoy himself and be quieter. Then he had other days when he was exceptionally frantic. Those days I found myself wishing I'd find him dead in his stall. Then all I'd have to worry about would be a skidsteer and a backhoe.

By accident, I discovered that Destacado was quieter through the day if a mare was in the arena. As long as the mare was in full view he'd stop pacing and he'd concentrate on eating. I started keeping the mare in the arena every day for him and I noticed that weight started to come back and stay.

This spring as breeding season approached and hormones started to increase Destacado started to get frantic again. I had, at this point, gone through a year and a half of dealing with his poor condition and now had reached my saturation level. Getting help is not easy and trying to cope with recovery from second and third degree burns, I don't know where I found the courage and strength to give the horses the care they needed. I remember if I became stressed or fatigued my whole body would shake. The fact that I would even consider putting the farm back together again was in itself a miracle.

March was an especially bad month this year. I was very weak and Destacado was very frantic. I decided that I couldn't attend to his needs any longer. I was going to call my policeman neighbor to come over to shoot him. Strangely enough as these thoughts entered my mind, John came into my mind as well. I started to consider how he'd feel if he knew I had destroyed his stallion. I decided to keep on trying-that somewhere I'd surely find an answer.

A year ago in November, a client told me about a herbalist, Dr. Mary Anne Cairns, in Edmonton, who had helped his horse a great deal. I decided to phone Dr. Cairns. To my great surprise, she pointed out to me something I was too ill to realize: that we had all been traumatized by the fire and related events-that Destacado had seen me running around the arena with my coveralls on fire. His present behavior was the result. She made a lot of sense and I'm grateful for her insight. I put the stallions and myself on the herbal mixtures she recommended.

I noticed that very soon my shaking stopped and I was able to cope with problems more objectively and effectively. Destacado started quieting down as well. He'd march out into his corral and actually stand by his wall and communicate with Caribe. I've watch him march around his perimeter, roll, eat wisps of grass or just wallow in the sunshine.

At supper time, Destacado comes in of his own free will. He is stable to the point where, if the mares are far away, he still finds horse things to do. At bed-time when I hand out crunchies., I've noticed he kisses my hand sometimes twice or three times. During the day he positions himself in the stall this time to see if I'm coming. To my surprise when I enter his stall with a brush, I've caught myself calling him "crowhead" and "crumbhead"- names I called him when John was living. Obviously in his now normal condition I can enjoy this wonderful stallion and I've started to plan his future training. My twenty seven months of anguish and work have come to a positive end.

Thank You Global Health Mall! You have given us all life and purpose. After twenty seven months the pride of Spain is back!

Mary Ann A. Little Britain, Canada.

I have been using the herbs Sed-T on my Grand Prix Dressage horse since February of 96'. "Henry", being an over alert horse, showed a change after just one day!!! After a few more days, was less anxious, and more calm, giving me less resistance on his back. Without this rigid tension in his body, I was able to train his canter which had been a huge tumbling block.

The wonderful thing about the Sed-T is that your horse still stays sensitive to your aids. The anxiety is removed from his body and mind, giving you relaxation in his muscles. I believe the Sed-T can assist you in training your horse.

Betty W. Edmonton, Canada.

I have been using Sed-T since July 25, 1996. My horse, a six year old TB. Hannoverian cross, had been experiencing tension in his back. As a result of this tension, my horse was holding in his back and taking some uneven steps. A canter transition was executed with a slight "hop" behind. While standing in a grooming stall, my horse would often turn one of his feet out. Since he has been taking Sed-T, my horse has become more relaxed; his work is improving steadily. The above manifestations of his tension have virtually disappeared. I am really pleased with the results of Sed-T. It has allowed my horse to relax and move ahead in his training.

Phyllis B. Toronto, Canada.

I just wanted to say a "Big" Thank you. This product really worked for my horse. I have attended two shows and three days before each show I give him (daily) the prescribed amount mixed with some molasses and warm water via a syringe. I find it simply hard to believe the behavioral difference it makes. To give you an example the roof of the Canada West Building (the warm up ring for the old Regina Exhibition Stadium) caved in due to the weight of the snow. They have now hung floor to roof sheets of plastic. The wind whips through this plastic with enough force to scare any horse. When we unloaded the horses for my second show, which was my first show after using the Sed-T POWDER I knew this was going to be a big test. I lunged my horse initially and he looked at me a few times but no rearing or bucking. When I took him into the warm up ring he was a perfect angel. My second show was an outdoor show in an arena neither of us had been in before. He took a good look at some trees that were hanging in our direction but no spooking.

This product has allowed me to try to concentrate more on my riding skills rather than worrying about whether my horse is going to shy at this, that or the next thing.

Barbara R. Saskatoon, Canada.


Disclaimers, Security

Copyright 2001 Global Health Mall Inc. & its Subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved.

Site designed by Nu Dezign, hosted by Nettworx